Monday 30 December 2013

Random

Today was a day for pottering around and doing admin - y'know, things like updating the storecupboard and freezer lists, doing the next year's budget, transferring dates into a spanking brand new diary.... And looking over the last year while I was  at it.
 
And what came to me as a bit of a shock was the reminder of how dreadful the start of the year was, and how it wasn't until after DD's GCSE exams that things started looking up.  Frankly, if you asked me before I checked out the diary, I'd have said that we have had a great year, only slightly marred by the fact that now it seems to be my turn to be really poorly.
 
I think I will hold on to that thought, if you don't mind ;o)  Next year we will have twice as long of happy positivity and smooth sailing, and that is a promise.
 
Anyway - I still can't really promise that I will write - here or anywhere else - with any sort of regularity, as sitting down in one position for any length of time is rather painful, and typing isn't going that great, either - but I will try.  In the meantime, some photos of what's been keeping me amused lately:
 
Next door's cat determined to come and live with us, if only we weren't so mean, what with shutting all the doors and windows on him the moment he tries to climb in:
 
 
 
Approved Food bargains:
 
 
Camping in the lounge at Christmas:

 
More random sunsets: 
 

 
Trying out what, according to Tim Moore's You Are Awful (But I Like You), is one of the worst dishes available in Britain (he fails to finish his) - the Parmo.  Well, I've no idea really what the typical take-away version is like, but what I made at home following this recipe  was actually rather nice. 

 
So, has anyone else ever had a Parmo ?  And if so, what did you think ?
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you've been so unwell Allegra, I really hope you're better very soon. I'm afraid I don't know what a Parmo is. Anything is improved by being homemade I think though! I hope you have a very happy New Year. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete