Tuesday 4 March 2014

Pancakes

Has anyone else  ever noticed that when you are under the weather, suddenly people around you become a lot more needy than usual, or life throws a few spanners into the works, just for good measure ?  I know that some of it is down to the fact that when you are feeling fragile things are harder to cope with.... But there is definitely an objective, not just a subjective, element of added difficulty to every occasion when I should really just be curled up under a duvet and taking it easy.
 
In translation:  a very painful day today;  took my horse tranquiliser painkillers and struggled through work nevertheless;  and then got home to DD, who has not had a seriously stress/depressy day for yonks, was having just that.  I wonder if me being unwell has caused it to some degree - as in, seeing me being less than usual superhuman with all the answers gets her unsettled as her world and certainties are suddenly wavering around her.
 
The joys of autism, eh ?
 
Anyways - got her calmed, the pills and a very hot bath with mucho Epsom salt took care of the worst of the pain, so we're all OK for now.  Another day done and dusted.
 
And as you might have already noticed, we have had a break from rubber chicken today and had pancakes instead.  Had I wanted to, I could have stuffed the pancakes with a chicken mixture, or used the pancakes in a chicken lasagne.... But what we wanted was just pancakey pancakes, slathered in blackberry jam, and golden syrup, and honey, and sugar and lemon (and spice) - and all things nice.  So that's what we did.  Back to the chicken tomorrow.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Four words, Oh Dear, Oh Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short, sharp, and to the point. Like it, like it ! Thanks Pam :o)

      Delete
  2. Sorry things are not going brilliantly right now, I do hope they improve for you soon. Whenever I'm struggling, my other half has to have an even harder time. No spotlight for me! It's what makes us tough I think. Sending you a big cyber hug. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This too shall pass.... Thanks, and same back atcha ! :o)

      Delete